Sunday, October 4, 2009

A slap in the face!

The funniest thing happened to me last night......in the middle of the night. 
12.34am to be exact.
I'm quite sure I was in the middle of a dream, one that I now can not remember except for the high pitched humming sound! Odd.
The humming continued for a short period and then stopped. It was then that I received a great slap across my right cheek.
I woke with a fright, ready to accuse Daddy T beside me of getting violent in his sleep. And it was at that precise moment that I realised what had really happened. 
My right cheek began to sting.....a little from the slap..........but an itchy lump was beginning to rise.  Mmmmmmmmmm the humming sound. 
My sleepy brain was gradually piecing the midnight puzzle together. A vampirish visitor aka "mossie" had flown in through our open bedroom window and had obviously cruised around my head before finding a juicy landing strip, aka "my face".
I was not dreaming and had very kindly given myself a good slap across the face!
Now some might say it's about time!  Others might be disappointed they missed out on the opportunity. 
All I can say is, the window will be closed later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I love your feedback :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...