Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This one is kind of tricky.
I really enjoy being thankful. But gee wizz, today............what shall it be??

It's good practice I reckon to stop and be thankful. I really thought I had nothing extra special. The kids have all been sick hence the previous three weeks have been rotten.

But the act of reflection is powerful.

Despite bouts of coughing and grumpiness (from the children and me) I do love the way my kids express creativity. A person made from odd clothes and bits found lying around!!!

I love that Nana T taught Molly to crumb schnitzel and will now happily perform the task for us all!!

Thankful to my daily companion. I wasn't ever a doggy gal growing up but I can't believe how much I love this girl of ours.

Bad photo, late afternoon sun. Very thankful though to days when we just put other stuff aside to work together.
You might be able to take the teacher out of the classroom but never vice versa.

The product of our latest family meeting. Next we need to discuss how we might apply them on a regular basis. Mark came back from a company conference inspired to use some newly acquired values cards. (Which I love and would love to steal if I ever return teaching).

I just realised recently........my teaching registration expired a few months ago.

Bum.

I've made the phone calls and got the info on how to get it up and running again.

I'm a bit scared.

Excited.

Can visually impaired teacher housing a brain tumour actually teach??

I'm still the cool teacher I always was, inside my heart and soul that is!!

Yep,

I was cool......

LOL

Jaz xx

7 comments:

  1. Johanna NightingaleJuly 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

    love it Jaz! always so insightful and brilliant. A true inspiration! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly Jaz you 'was' cool and you still ARE cool. In fact you are one of the coolest people I know. You have been my inspiration for a long time now - not just for Thankful Thursday - but for you positive attitude and your fortitude.

    Your 'can't take the classroom out of the teacher' made me smile because it's so true. I've found with quite a few of my friends that 'once a teacher, always a teacher' applies.

    I'm going to be very cheeky and 'borrow' one of your photos for my Thankful Thursday post today - I'll link it back. I hope you won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said GB... and I am so pleased Jaz is doing so well she can look forward this way. A real inspiration.

    Lovely pix Jaz - hope to catch up this week :)

    Looking at the first photo - You gotta stop giving Phoebe those mood altering drugs....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaz, I came over from GB's blog, and I enjoyed my visit.
    Now you are my inspiration as well. Hope you don't mind if I check in regularly...I love it here.
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool to see your family doing life together. I'd love to have you for a teacher...you ARE cool my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this blog, great words and pictures.
    Yes you can still teach,any school would be blessed to have you xx

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! I love your feedback :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...